Sunday, September 27, 2009

Realizations...

Life isn't always a picnic, nor are relationships. Over the last few weeks I have really learned a lot. Moving out here I have gone against what I have been taught and something that I have always believed. Honestly though, I am glad I did it. I don't regret it and I wouldn't change it. I am seeing my flaws...by myself, which I think is the best way. It rarely helps for someone else to point them out. It's kind of like going on a self exploration, only I am also learning about someone else too...and life. Its hard when two people go from living on their own to intertwining their lives. It makes you realize just how independent you actually were and how stubborn and selfish you can be. Not only am I seeing my flaws, but qualities I didn't realize I had. Living with someone else you see the best and worst of each other...it really makes you stop and think sometimes.

I am not saying that everyone should move across the country to live with their boyfriend for a while, or that what I am doing is right. I am just saying that sometimes coming out of your comfort zone and expanding your boundaries can be educational. You will be surprised how much you can learn...spiritually, about yourself, about others, and about life. Maybe for you it could be something as simple as learning a new language or trying a new church or taking a job that moves you away from your family. Who knows....




No comments:

Post a Comment